DOAR & Affiliates celebrated a great year in 2011 at our annual holiday dinner held last Friday evening. Here are some of our favorite memories from 2011:
10. Community Recognition
Danville Orthopedic & Athletic Rehab was recognized as a semi-finalist in the 2011 Tayloe Murphy Resilience Awards Competition. DOAR also received the 2011 Rave Award for Favorite Physical Therapy Provider from Showcase Magazine.
We sponsored a variety of events that promote healthy, active lives. These included the Danville Area CROP Hunger Walk, the Northern Guilford High School Spooktacular 5K, Relay for Life of Danville and Pittsylvania County, and many more. We are thankful for the support of the communities we serve, and are happy to be able to give back!
8. Relay for Life
In May, staff members, family and friends of Danville Orthopedic & Athletic Rehab and our sister company, All Care Home Health, walked in the 2011 Relay for Life of Danville and Pittsylvania County. Together, we raised over $2200 for the American Cancer Society.
7. Family Day Picnic
In September, our staff gathered for our annual Family Day Picnic. This year, we began a new tradition: kickball!
6. Physical Therapy Month
In October, around 275 of our past and current patients attended our series of Patient & Friends Appreciation Days. Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate Physical Therapy Month with us!
5. DOAR & Affiliates Scholarship
We established the DOAR & Affiliates Scholarship to support higher education for the children of our staff, and awarded it to four worthy recipients for the 2011-2012 academic year.
4. Clinical Rotations
DOAR & Affiliates is proud to support clinical education by hosting students for clinical rotations. We hosted the following students in 2011:
- Will Nutt, DPT Student at Elon University
- Jill Bradley Hall, PTA Student at Mountain State University
- Chris Goh, PTA Student at Jefferson College of Health Sciences
- Nancy Smith, PTA Student at Jefferson College of Health Sciences
- Jada Thomas, PTA Student at Jefferson College of Health Sciences
3. New Team Members
We welcomed 6 new team members:
- Tiffany DeLoatch, DPT, Physical Therapist at DOAR Central
- Chrissy Carden, Receptionist at Roxboro Physical Therapy
- Tiffany Sharpe, PTA, Physical Therapy Assistant at DOAR Central
- Melissa Smith, PTA, Physical Therapy Assistant at DOAR Central
- Leslie Hodge, MSAT, ATC, Athletic Trainer at DOAR South Boston
- Emma Blaylock, Physical Therapy Aide at TheraSport Physical Therapy
2. Service Awards
- Amy Meyer, 5 years
- Kathy Adkins, 10 years
- Margaret Irby, 10 years
- Joey Scearce, MPT, 10 years
- James Turner, DPT, 15 years
1. Our Patients!
Of course, our favorite part about 2011 was serving our patients!