Danville Orthopedic & Athletic Rehab (DOAR) is accepting applications for the Medical Billing Specialist Position. This is a full-time position based at our centralized billing office in Danville, Virginia. To apply, please review the job description, then follow the application instructions below.
- Position Title: Billing Specialist
- Status: Full-Time
- Hours of Work: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
- Supervisor: Billing Office Manager
- Office Location: Danville, Virginia
Duties and Responsibilities
- Input data including new patient demographics and charges
- Produce and submit claims to insurance companies
- Work directly with the insurance company, therapy provider, and patient to get a claim processed and paid
- Review and appealing unpaid and denied claims
- Verify patients’ insurance coverage
- Obtain pre-authorization if required
- Answer phone calls from patients regarding billing questions
- Coordinate collections on unpaid accounts
- Keep information confidential in accordance with HIPAA
- Maintain knowledge of billing practices and requirements
- Other duties as required
- Experience in medical office billing required, including knowledge of CPT codes, ICD-10 coding, claim submission and followup
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred
- Excellent computer skills required, including data entry skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and email
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Positive attitude and team-orientation required
- Attention to detail and focus on accuracy required
- Initiative and time management skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Professional demeanor, including excellent phone and email etiquette
- Must live within 20 miles of Danville, Virginia
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly rate
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Benefit days, including: 10 vacation days, sick time, 6 paid holidays, bereavement
- Sitting – Must be able to remain stationary 95% or the time
- Walking/Climbing – Must be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Must be able to climb stairs to access second-floor office.
- Use hands/fingers – Constantly operates a computer and office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- See – Constantly reads computer screen and paper documents.
- Speaking/Writing/Listening – Must be able to express ideas and exchange accurate information by the spoken and written word. Must be able to perceive speech.
Applications for this position will be accepted via email only. The subject line of the email should include your name and a the name of the position to which you are applying. For example: “Jane Smith – Application for Medical Billing Specialist.” The content of your email will serve as your cover letter. Please include the following information in your email:
- Statement of interest in this position
- Contact information, including a daytime phone number
- Your earliest available start date
- Compensation request for hourly rate
Attach a current resume to your email. The attachment must be a Word document (.doc or .docx) or a PDF (.pdf) file. Other file types are not accepted. The name of at the attached document should include your name. For example: “Jane Smith Resume.” Include your contact information, education, and relevant work and volunteer experience.
Attach a list of three professional references to your email. Relatives may not serve as references. The attachment must be a Word document (.doc or .docx) or a PDF (.pdf) file. The name of at the attached document should include your name. For example: “Jane Smith References.”
Only complete applications will be considered. Please review the instructions above prior to submitting your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will contact qualified applicants to schedule a phone interview.
Leave a Reply