Although we may be clear of the dog days of summer, many of us are still trying to beat the heat and enjoy what’s left of the summer season. To take advantage of the last weeks of warmer temps and longer days, get out out on the water and paddle, swim, or ride at some of the area’s best recreational facilities that feature water based activities.
1) Mayo Lake Park – Person County, NC
Boat, canoe, kayak, or fish while enjoying the scenic views on Mayo Lake.
2) Philpott Lake – Bassett, VA
Philpott Lake offers boating, fishing, swimming and more for families with varied interests.
3) Abreu-Grogan Park – Danville, VA
Rent a kayak, canoe, or paddle board and enjoy time paddling on the Dan River.
4) Jibtopia Wake Park – Semora, NC
Jibtopia is a hidden treasure located near the Virginiaa-North Carolina border. If you’re looking for an activity that’s more high energy, try out this wake board cable park. Beginners are welcome!
5) Dan River – Eden, NC & the surrounding area
If you want an activity that’s more laid back but still gets you outdoors, trying tubing down the Dan. There are several outfitters that can help you plan your tubing trip and it’s a good way to get out on the water without a lot of prep or equipment needed.
Latest posts by DOAR (see all)
- South Boston welcomes new Physical Therapist Assistant, Tanya Howell - August 26, 2016
- DOAR welcomes back Jeff Durand and Leslie Adkins after completion of SPTA clinical rotations - August 17, 2016
- Welcome fall, and fitness! - September 4, 2015