April is Occupational Therapy Month! We invite you to meet our occupational therapy staff and celebrate occupational therapy month with us:
- Wednesday, April 10th, 9am – 11am (floating) at DOAR Central (174 Executive Drive, Danville, VA 24541)
- Thursday, April 11th, 11am – 1pm (floating) at DOAR South Boston (1438 Seymour Drive, South Boston, VA 24592)
Occupational therapy enables individuals of all ages to live life to the fullest by helping them promote health and prevent or live better with illness, injury or disability. Occupational therapy rehabilitation services focus on restoring the patient to an optimal level of function and independence in activities of daily living. Learn more about occupational therapy services…
Where can I receive occupational therapy?
Occupational therapy is provided in many healthcare, educational, residential and work settings. DOAR & Affiliates provides outpatient occupational therapy at the following locations:
- DOAR Central on Executive Drive in Danville, Virginia
- Martinsville Physical Therapy & Industrial Rehab in Martinsville, Virginia
- DOAR South Boston in South Boston, Virginia
How can I find a job in occupational therapy?
Occupational Therapists (OTs) are health care professionals who evaluate and treat patients/clients. To become an OT, you hold an accredited degree in occupational therapy, and hold a license to practice as an occupational therapist.
Occupational Therapist Assistants (OTAs) work as part of a team to provide occupational therapy services under the direction and supervision of the Occupational Therapist. To become an OTA, you must hold an accredited degree in occupational therapy, and hold a license to practice as an occupational therapy assistant.