At some clinics, the Front Office Coordinator / Physical Therapy Aide is a combined position. Where the position is combined, the job responsibilities and qualifications are as follows:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of a team to provide physical therapy services to our patients, under the direction and supervision of the Physical Therapist
- Ensure facility hygiene and maintenance through routine infection control procedures and regular housekeeping
- Patient escort to treatment area
- Exercise equipment setup
- Therapeutic exercise
- Modalities setup
- Aquatic therapy monitoring
- Coordinate patient referrals, registration, and scheduling
- Greet all patients and other visitors
- Operate standard office equipment, such as computer, copier, phone and fax machine
- Establish and maintain patient records in hard-copy and electronic formats
- Keep information confidential in accordance with HIPAA
- Verify insurance information and obtain pre-authorization if required
- Communicate with relevant staff at the centralized billing office
- Participate in internal chart audits, billing audits, and other compliance programs
- Represent the clinic in the community through participation in marketing opportunities
- CPR certification
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Computer skills required, including data entry skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and email
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Positive attitude and team-orientation required
- Attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Professionalism, including excellent phone and email etiquette
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing professionally
- Able to work as part of a team to support the physical therapy staff
- Previous work experience in a physical therapy setting a plus
- Previous work experience supervising exercise strongly preferred
- Must live within 20 miles of the office location
Compensation and Benefits
We strive to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Annual salary or hourly rate
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- 401k Retirement Plan*
- Benefit days, including: vacation days, sick time, and paid holidays*
- Reimbursement for gas mileage accrued from travel among our locations, if required by the position
*Available to full-time positions only
Front Office Coordinator / Physical Therapy Aide Job Openings
We are currently accepting applications for a this position in the following locations:
- Chatham, Virginia – Full-time or Part-time
- Roxboro, North Carolina – Full-time
A completed application will include a professionally written email with your resume and reference list attached:
- The subject of your email should include your name and the title of the position – example: Jane Doe – Front Office Coordinator/Physical Therapy Aide
- The content of the email will serve as the cover letter, and it should include a statement regarding your interest in the position, your available start date, your available to interview during the week of April 6-10, 2015, and your requested hourly pay rate. The starting pay for this position is $10/hour.
- The resume should be two pages maximum, and should include education, work, and volunteer history.
- The reference list should include name, relationship, time known, email, and phone for three professional or educational references.
- Both the resume and reference list attachment should be in PDF or Word (.DOC or .DOCX) format.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Completed applications will be reviewed. Qualified applicants will be contacted via email or phone to schedule a phone-interview. Following a phone interview, top candidates will be invited to an on-site interview. We hope to host on-site interviews the week of April 6th.