Current Job Openings
April 26, 2016 We are currently accepting applications for the Billing Specialist Position. This is a full-time position. It will be based at our centralized billing office in Danville, Virginia. To apply, please review the job description, then follow the application instructions below. No phone calls, please.
Position Title: Billing Specialist
Status: Full-Time or Part-Time
Hours of Work: Full-time hours are typically Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Hours may vary for part-time positions
Supervisor: Billing Office Manager
Office Location: Danville, Virginia
Duties and Responsibilities
- Input data including new patient demographics and charges
- Produce and submit claims to insurance companies
- Work directly with the insurance company, therapy provider, and patient to get a claim processed and paid
- Review and appealing unpaid and denied claims
- Verify patients’ insurance coverage
- Obtain pre-authorization if required
- Answer patients’ billing questions
- Coordinate collections on unpaid accounts
- Keep information confidential in accordance with HIPAA
- Maintain knowledge of billing practices and requirements
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred
- Previous experience in medical office billing required
- Previous experience in outpatient physical therapy billing strongly preferred
- Excellent computer skills required, including data entry skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and email
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Positive attitude and team-orientation required
- Attention to detail and focus on accuracy required
- Initiative and time management skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Professionalism, including excellent phone and email etiquette
- Must live within 20 miles of Danville, Virginia
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary or hourly rate
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Benefit days, including: 10 vacation days, sick time, 6 paid holidays, bereavement
- Sitting – Must be able to remain stationary 95% or the time
- Walking/Climbing – Must be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Must be able to climb stairs to access office.
- Use hands/fingers – Constantly operates a computer and office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- See – Constantly reads computer screen and paper documents.
- Speaking/Writing/Listening – Must be able to express ideas and exchange accurate information by the spoken and written word. Must be able to perceive speech.
Apply for a Job as a Billing Specialist
The subject line of the email should include your name and a the name of the position to which you are applying. For example: “Jane Smith – Application for Billing Specialist”
The content of your email may serve as your cover letter. Include the following information in your email:
- Statement of interest in this position
- Contact information, including a daytime phone number
- Confirmation that you live within 20 miles of the location(s) Danville, Virginia. If you are in the process of relocating to the Danville area, please include that information.
- Your earliest available or preferred start date
- Compensation requirements for hourly rate. If you choose not to request a specific rate, then please provide a pay history for your previous employment. The typical starting rate for this position is $10/hour.
You should attach a current resume to your email. The attachment must be a Word document (.doc or .docx) or a PDF (.pdf) file. Other file types are not accepted. The name of at the attached document should include your name. For example: “John Doe Resume.” Please limit your resume to one page. Include your contact information, education, and relevant work and volunteer experience.
You should also attach a list of three professional references to your email. Relatives may not serve as references. The attachment must be a Word document (.doc or .docx) or a PDF (.pdf) file. The name of at the attached document should include your name. For example: “Jane Smith References.”