We love to host students for clinical experiences, including rotations and internships. We work with educational program directors to facilitate matches between the student, the location, and the clinical instructor. Benefits to students include:
- Hands-on experience as a member of the patient care team
- Exposure to a varied case mix
- Professional mentorship from experienced clinicians and adminstrators
- Opportunity to rotate through our sister companies
Fields of Study
We host clinical rotations and internships for students who are enrolled in degree programs for the following fields of study:
- Athletic Training
- Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapist Assistant
We are not currently hosting clinical experiences for students enrolled in Occupational Therapy or Occupational Therapy Assistant programs.
If you are not enrolled in an educational program for one of the fields listed above, consider volunteering or shadowing opportunities.
Clinical Affiliation Agreements
We must obtain an active Clinical Affiliation Agreement with the student’s degree program before a student can complete a clinical rotation or internship with us. Program Directors are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org to establish a clinical affiliation agreement for any of our locations.
As of 07/08/2012, we have active clinical affiliation agreements with the following educational programs:
- Averett University (Danville, Virginia)
Physical Therapy Programs
- Elon University (Elon, North Carolina)
- Lynchburg College (Lynchburg, Virginia)
- Shenandoah University (Winchester, Virginia)
Physical Therapist Assistant Programs
- Horry Georgetown Technical College (Myrtle Beach, South Carolina)
- Guilford Technical Community College (Jamestown, North Carolina)
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences (Roanoke, Virginia)
- Mountain State University (Beckley, West Virginia)
Ready to get started?
- Email email@example.com to request a clinical experience at DOAR & Affiliates
- Read about other students’ experiences at DOAR & Affiliates